Thursday, July 10, 2014

To Impeach, or Not to Impeach? Is that the question?

Tonight I watched the clip of O'Rielly and Goldstein discussing Palin's call to impeach President Obama.

Let me first say that I can't stand Palin, so yes, I'm biased to be sure.  But I'm confident the combination of lack of knowledge and first degree butchering of the English language is still paying her, so I'll leave her alone for now.

Instead, what I will say is that the concept that pushing an Impeachment now would backfire on the Republicans is only half true.  I think there is one more option.

If, and only if, Democrats lead the charge.

If a Democrat lead the Impeachment, it would be a non-partisan sign of unrest.  A sign of unity that Congress's authority has been usurped.  It would take a truly courageous individual on the Left to do so, but there is always hope.